The Avanti Wrist & Forearm Set contains meticulously designed and manufactured implants to address the variety of forearm pathology encountered by today’s surgeons. The straight and curved forearm plates are very low profile to facilitate application and to reduce soft tissue complications. Far-cortical locking screws maintain the benefits of locked fixation while reducing construct rigidity to reduce stress shielding and promote rapid bone healing. Additionally, the Avanti Wrist & Forearm Set contains all that may be needed to address associated injuries including fractures of the distal radius, distal ulna and carpal bones. Move forward with Avanti!
Download a pdf version of the brochure:
Henry approach for fractures of the radius and/or subcutaneous border approach for fractures of the ulna.
Expose fractures extra-periosteally and preserve soft tissue attachments.
Provisional fixation with k-wires or interfragmentary lag screws
Plates are pre-contured to replicate anatomy, facilitate reduction and assist in the restoration of function.
Elongated tapered ends ease insertion under adjacent soft tissue and to reduce stress concentration at the plate ends.
Low-profile to facilitate placement, reduce hardware prominence and minimize soft tissue irritation.
Limited contact undersurface of the plate to reduce blood supply interference to the bone.
Laser-marked at their midpoint to assist the surgeon in confirming stable fixation on both sides of the fracture and as a helpful reference point in the use of long plates.
Non-locking, bicortical screws are used to compress the plate to the bone and to axially compress the fracture site.
The Dynamic Device can be used to assist in compression and/or distraction of the construct.
2.7mm locking, cortical and far-cortical locking screws are bi-directionally angulated in the coronal and sagittal planes to optimize fixation strength and pullout resistance.
Best to avoid locking screws at the plate ends and greater than 50% screw hole fill.
Wrist and Forearm Set
- Volar Fixed-angle plate(R/L) 3-hole, 5-hole
- Volar Fixed-angle plate, Wide (R/L) 5-hole
- Volar PEEK plate (R/L) 3-hole, 5-hole, 7-hole, 9-hole, 11-hole
- Ulna Plate 5-hole, 7-hole
- Spanning Plate
- Wrist Fusion Plate, Standard Bend
- Wrist Fusion Plate, Short Bend
- Wrist Fusion Plate, Straight
- Curved Forearm Plate 6-hole, 8-hole, 10-hole
- Straight Forearm Plate (R/L) 6-hole, 8-hole, 10-hole, 15-hole
- 2.7mm Cannulated Screws 14mm-32mm (even lengths)
- 2.7mm Locking Pegs 10mm–28mm (even lengths)
- 2.7mm Locking Screws 8mm–28 mm (even lengths)
- 2.7mm Far-Cortical Locking Screws 8mm–28 mm (even lengths)
- 2.7mm Cortical Screws 8mm–28 mm (1mm increments 10-16)
- 1.1mm K-wires
- 1.6mm Compression K-wires
- Twist Drill Bits 2mm, 2.7mm
- Cannulated Drill Bit 2mm
- Cannulated Screwdriver
- AO Screwdriver
- Screwdriver Handle
- Wire Depth Gauge
- Bone Clamp
- Plate Bender
- Dynamic Device
- Hohman Retractor
- Screw-in Drill guide
- Handheld Drill guide
- Pre-set Aiming Guides
- Screw Depth Gauge
U.S. patent nr.:
US 9,814,503 B1
US 10,285,742 B1
US 10,517,657 B1
US 10,842,543 B2
US 11,083,505 B1